AP Exams 2022
The 2022 AP Exams will be administered in schools and test centers as paper-and-pencil exams over two weeks in May: May 2–6 and May 9–13. Early testing or testing at times other than those published by College Board is not permitted under any circumstances. Some schools and test centers may offer late testing dates if students cannot test during the first two weeks of May.
Taking AP in China
College Board Advanced Placement (AP) Program is internationally recognized and offered worldwide. The program consists of college-level courses that high schools authorized by AP can choose to offer, as well as corresponding exams that are administered once a year—around the world, including in China.
To meet the needs of AP students in China, there are two types of testing locations:
- International schools that are authorized as AP testing sites can administer AP Exams to their own students, who are generally citizens of countries other than China. Typically, these schools don’t administer exams to students who aren’t enrolled in their school.
- Local test centers serve students who are enrolled in local public or private Chinese schools authorized to offer the AP Program. The test centers administer AP Exams to students from multiple schools. For the 2021-22 school year, College Board will partner with Prometric to manage AP exam registration and administration for local test centers in China. Students must follow Prometric’s timeline for China to register in fall 2021 for the May 2022 AP Exams. Instructions will be sent directly to the school’s AP coordinators. Students may also visit https://www.prometric.com.cn/apchina.
Students should be aware that international schools and Prometric–managed test centers may have different AP Exam registration periods. If you need to test in China in May 2022, contact the school’s AP coordinators before October.
AP Exam Eligibility for Students Testing at Local Test Centers:
- Must be enrolled at a high school that has a CEEB (College Board) school code.. NOTE: Students who have graduated from high school are not eligible to take AP exams.
- Must be enrolled in the school’s AP Student Roster before registering for the AP Exam. Talk to your school’s AP coordinator for detailed instructions or contact AP Services for further guidance.
- Must have either a Chinese National ID (for citizens of China) or a valid original passport (for citizens of countries other than China) with a valid visa to China.
- Can’t take an AP Exam in a given subject more than once in the same year.
- Can’t take both AP Calculus AB and AP Calculus BC Exams in the same year.
- Can take all of the 4 Physics exams in the same year.
- Must be born after May 31, 2001.
- For additional information, go to https://www.prometric.com.cn/apchina.
Moving to China
If you’re a student who plans to enroll at a high school in China during the 2021-22 school year, you can use the AP Course Ledger to find schools that offer AP courses. Once enrolled, you’ll work with your school’s AP coordinator to arrange your exams. The same process applies if you’re a student traveling in China during the AP Exam Administration.