Advanced Placement (AP) courses and exams are available all over the world, including China. Before a school can offer an AP course, it has to submit the course curriculum to the AP Program so we can make sure the course meets AP standards.
To see which schools in China offer AP courses, go to the online AP Course Ledger, choose China in the country dropdown menu, and click Submit.
Taking AP Exams in China
Because of the current coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis, we’ve made changes to how and when you can take AP Exams this year. We know students all over the world are facing unexpected challenges. Please know that your health and safety are our top priorities.
If you’re already registered to take a 2020 AP Exam, visit the Updates for AP Students Affected by Coronavirus (COVID-19) page for the latest information about taking AP Exams online at home.
2020 AP Exam Schedule in China
This year, each online AP Exam will be offered on two different dates between May 11 and May 22, 2020. You can take the exam on either date. Check the AP Exam Schedule 2020 for the most up-to-date information on exam dates and start times.
- You can’t take both Calculus AB and Calculus BC in the same year.
- You can take all 4 Physics exams in the same year.
- You can’t retake an exam in the same year. You may retake it in a subsequent year.
AP Test Centers in China
Most years, AP Exams are administered in China during the first two weeks of May at two types of locations: closed test centers and open test centers.
- Closed test centers are international schools authorized to give AP Exams to their students, who are generally citizens of countries other than China.
- Open test centers: These test centers serve students who are Chinese citizens, as well as some international students at local schools. The College Board works with IECC, China’s largest assessment company, to administer AP Exams throughout mainland China.
If you miss a registration deadline, email AP Services for Students or call +1-212-632-1780 for assistance.