The College Board India Scholars Program offers lower-income students in India two ways to save money as they plan for university.
- Up to 90% off SAT registration fees
- Scholarships at participating Indian universities, including some that cover the full tuition through graduation
The SAT lets students show that they have the skills they need to take on university-level coursework. Students can practice and register for the SAT online.
Who Can Get an SAT Discount
Income-eligible students who live in India and are in Class XI or XII can apply for discount vouchers that will save them up to 90% on SAT registration fees.
- 90% SAT registration discount: Annual family income less than ₹8 lakh
- 50% SAT registration discount: Annual family income between ₹8 lakh and ₹15 lakh
Every eligible student who applies for an SAT discount voucher will get one. Students use these vouchers when they register for the SAT online.
Who Can Apply for a Scholarship
Income-eligible students who live in India and get a total SAT score of 1300 or higher may qualify for a merit-cum-need scholarship at participating universities. Scholarship amounts are based on the student’s annual family income.
- Full tuition scholarship through graduation: Family income less than ₹8 lakh
Students who score 1300 or higher earn the honor of being an SAT India Top Performer. Scholarship recipients have the added distinction of being a College Board India Scholar.
Students can apply for these scholarships when they apply for admission. Universities will select scholarship recipients from the pool of income-eligible students with SAT scores of 1300 or higher who meet all other admission requirements.