You may be able to prepare for an AP Exam by taking an online AP course from an authorized AP provider. These classes are similar to the year-long AP courses offered at some schools, but they’re offered online by third-party providers. To find AP online providers, go to the AP Course Ledger and put “online” in the field for “high school name.”
Another option is to prepare for AP Exams on your own via self-study.
- Get familiar with the course material and exam format by reviewing the detailed information on the AP Courses and Exams page.
- Review the exam practice tips and calculator policy, if applicable.
- For the science exams, you’ll need access to a lab to prepare for the exam questions, which are based on experiences and skills that students acquire in the lab.
- For previously released AP Exams and additional resources, check the College Board Store. You can also contact the United States–India Educational Foundation for guidance.
- Look for free online review sessions provided by AP. Go to AP Students for details.